The countdown is on to the first ever Active Week at Piercestown N.S. as we journey towards becoming a recognised Active school in the future.
A timetable of events went home with all children today and we hope that some family and friends can join us for some of the activities along the way.
We would like you to join us on some of the following:
We would like you to join us on the following:
- Monday: Walk a Mile with a Smile at 12.30pm – this involves the whole school walking the equivalent laps of the field in school to measure 1 mile. This event will be held at lunchtime and it would be fantastic if some of you the parents could join us.
- On Wednesday, similar to what was completed to earn us a Green Flag, Mrs, Barrett will be co-ordinating a Walk on Wednesday. Here we aim to meet at the pitch between 9-9.15am and walk to school together.
- Friday: the children have opted for a Rounders match – parents versus 6th class at 1pm. Please contact Liz Cullen 086-3373555 if you are interested in being part of the parent team!
- This will be followed by our Medal Presentation at 2pm to all of the boys who were on the victorious Rackard league football team bringing the cup home after 16 years.
- Healthy Lunches – to tie in with healthy living and being active the Active Committee have decided that all children should put a special effort into eating only healthy lunches for the duration of Active Week and drinks should be limited to water and milk.
- Ms. Walsh has co-ordinated with the Maldron Hotel to ensure that all Piercestown children who attend the Maldron Hotel during Active Week are entitled to a free swimming pass.
- In order for Active Week to be a success, we need you the parents and community behind us. Remember a ‘Healthy Body is a Healthy Mind’ . So join us on our journey towards being an Active School and remember ‘Walk, run, jump or skip, Come on Piercestown Let’s Get Fit’.