With Active Week almost upon us, the excitement is mounting in anticipation of the many different activities organised for the week. Kicking off on Monday 11th June with Walk a Mile with a Smile, the week will go on to feature old favourites such as Funky Feet Day, Welly Throwing and Penalty Shoot Out and some new events like Cricket, Hip Hop and Kick Boxing. The week will end with our Fun Sports Day, with Bouncy Castles, Stretch ‘n’ Grow, novelty races and more. The event will culminate with a flag-raising ceremony at 2pm on the Friday when Jack O’Connor we will raise our first ever Active Flag, awarded in recognition of all that the whole school community have achieved over the past four years in promoting activity in Piercestown NS. Mayor of Wexford, Jim Moore, will also attend the ceremony and raise our Blue Star Flag, recently awarded in acknowledgement of 6th class study of Europe.
We invite you to join us at the following times:
- Monday: 1:00 – we will launch our Active Week with ‘Walk a Mile with a Smile!’
- Tuesday: 9:10 – Ms. Sinnott will lead us in a Céilí Mór.
- Wednesday: 9:10 – We will relive the 10@10!!!!! At 11:30 Barry O’Connor (Wexford footballer) will be on the premises to adjudicate and offer words of wisdom for a ‘Crossbar Challenge’ with 3rd – 6th
- Thursday: Funky Feet Day – All children/families meet up at the St. Martin’s Centre and walk to school together. The annual Rounders match – parents versus 6th class will take place at 1:00.
- Friday: Fun Sports day! Piercestown N.S. will host a HB ice-cream day. Children are asked to bring in €1 and all money raised goes to Down Syndrome Ireland. At 2:00 we will have our flag raising ceremony.
Please see your child’s timetable for details of other events. There is something for everyone during Active Week so …
Walk, Run, Jump or Skip, Come on Piercestown, Let’s Get Fit!